Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rothbury Music Festival

So, over here in my world June is known as "Slacking Month," and so I wasn't allowed to post more than one blog entry. But July is going to be known as "So Many Blog Posts That I Almost Get Fired" month. Tomorrow begins a new adventure in American Music Festivals called Rothbury.

It's taking place in Rothbury, Michigan at the Double JJ Ranch (along the west coast) from Thursday 7/3 - Sunday 7/6. The acts are too awesome to even name here, but you can check it all out at rothburyfestival.com.

The festival itself is being run a bit differently from the usual drugs-and-booze-and-garbage fests, of which I only have firsthand experience with Bonnaroo. I can attest to the mountains 'pon mountains of garbage that are generated at these things, and for Rothbury to attempt a sustainable, no-carbon-footprint 4 day festival is something that has thus far gone under the radar, but I hope will change the way these festivals are run. The music is some of the best I've seen in a single lineup and the people that it's drawing seem to be of a different breed than the...how should I put this...less conscious crowd of festival goers.

Upon my return on Tuesday, you can expect an onslaught of concert reviews and day-by-day festival recaps and new music reviews, oh my! I wish you all a happy 4th of July and an excellent weekend...stay tuned next week when I open the gates and the wordflood begins!

No comments: